Instead of just eliminating all of the Whole Grains from your diet, consider SOAKING them to remove the nutrient-blockers …
The Basic Science Behind Soaking Grains
- Grains are seeds. (All this information therefore, pertains to legumes, nuts and seeds as well.)
- Seeds are meant to pass through the system relatively undigested so they can be planted elsewhere (think in nature).
- To make it possible for seeds to pass through undigested, there are some anti-nutrients built in to make them difficult to digest.
- Seeds also need to be preserved until the time is right for sprouting, so they have certain compounds that stop the active enzyme activity of germination.
- These compounds also serve to hinder active enzyme activity in your digestive system.
- Beginning the sprouting process makes seeds more digestible and help your system obtain all the nutrients in the food.
- “Soaking” grains is one way to mimic the sprouting process.
Conclusion: Soaking grains removes the compounds that would otherwise inhibit digestion and the absorption of healthy nutrients!
Continue reading on the next page to learn exactly how to do proper SOAKING of grains (and legumes) to remove the nutrient-blocking compounds and make them healthier …