There are 28 grams of healthy protein in this super-delicious smoothie. Great for breakfast or any time of the day.
The pretzels in this recipe might seem to be a bit strange in a protein shake, but they add a touch of salt that really brings out the chocolate and peanut butter flavors. And then using cacao nibs instead of chocolate chips in this smoothie makes it a lot healthier with more texture.
Here’s a great article about cacao nibs if you are interested in learning more about all of the health benefits such as the antioxidants and fiber found in cacao nibs.
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER PRETZEL PROTEIN SHAKE
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I used whey)
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 5 mini salted pretzels
- 1/2 cup milk or water
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
Here’s all you need to do:
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Add more liquid or ice to reach desired consistency.
- Top with crushed pretzels, cacao nibs, and chocolate syrup!
Note that this smoothie recipe contains:
Fat: 8 g
Carbohydrates: 27 g
Sugar: 9 g
Fiber: 5 g
Protein: 28 g