Matthew & Michele show how to make supermodel Miranda Kerr’s special recipe for organic, gluten-free muffins with apples, bananas, honey and more healthy ingredients in this short video. Not only are they made without any refined sugars, but they’re also dense and full of fiber, which means a little goes a long way! Each little muffin is just 140 calories.
Here are the ingredients she uses to make 18 Apple-Banana Muffins:
2 cups gluten-free oats
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons chia seeds
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 egg white
1/4 cup goat milk yogurt
1/2 cup apple juice
4 tablespoons coconut oil
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
1/4 cup honey
2 large green organic apples, chopped
2 ripe bananas, mashed
Just follow these 7 steps to make these yummy Apple-Banana Muffins:
- In a food processor, grind the oats into a flour-like consistency. Add the walnuts and grind.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground oats and walnuts, baking powder, baking soda, and chia seeds.
- In a separate small bowl, lightly beat the eggs and egg white. Mix in the yogurt and apple juice. In a small pot, mix the coconut oil, cinnamon, vanilla, and honey over low heat until it becomes syrupy, and combine with egg mixture.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture, and slowly fold in apples and bananas.
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners or lightly grease your muffin tins, and fill until three-fourths full.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the center of the muffin and comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 15 minutes, then sprinkle with cinnamon before serving.
Now watch the video to see how Matthew & Michele make this recipe:
Source: Lizzie Fuhr