Each of these homemade energy bar snacks contains 208 calories with yummy ingredients such as natural peanut butter, dates, dried cranberries and almonds. You’ll only need 10 minutes to make a batch at home in your kitchen, store in the freezer for a half-hour, then they’re ready to eat for breakfast or an afternoon snack. Perfect to munch for pre-workout energy.
They are high in energy, high in fiber (5.3 grams/serving), a good source of protein (4.3 grams/serving), delicious tasting.
These are obviously much healthier than the store-bought energy bars filled with added sugars, stabilizers, fillers, flavors, preservatives and more junk that your body definitely doesn’t need.
This recipe for VEGAN PB & J ENERGY BARS serves 8:
- 1¾ cup pitted dates (soaked in warm water for 15 minutes, then drained)
- ½ cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter (no added sugars or oils, just peanuts)
- ¼ cup whole raw almonds
- ½ cup instant plain oats (gluten free if you need!)
Here are the 5 steps to make a batch of these delicious energy bar snacks:
- Soak the dates in warm water for 15 minutes, and drain.
- Place dates, dried cranberries, almonds, peanut butter, and oats in a food processor and blend until combined well.
- Scoop mixture into a square baking pan, and firmly press down to make an even layer.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes to set, then cut into 8 rectangle bars.
- Store in the freezer or fridge.
Source: Christal Sczebel