Watch this video to learn the whole secret to making the Coffee Concentrate needed to make flavorful iced coffee and popular, blended iced-coffee drinks such as Chocolate Frappacino.
If you don’t do it right, then trying to make iced coffee drinks at home will be frustrating and produce a disappointing cup of coffee-flavored “dishwater”!
Fortunately, the solution is simple:
Using a 4:1 ratio of water to coffee, you simply soak some coarsely ground coffee grinds in some cold or from temperature water for 24 hours. You can use any type of coffee you prefer, but for me it’s always a dark roast.
After the 24 hours has passed you strain your coffee concentrate through a fine meshed strainer and you are left with this rich, dark, decadent coffee concentrate.
There are only two ingredients you’ll need to make about 4 cups of flavor-rich Coffee Concentrate for iced coffee or blended iced-coffee drinks:
- 12 ounces of coarse ground coffee
- 6 cups of cold or room temperature filtered water
Dani demonstrates these step-by-step instructions with all of the secrets to make flavor-rich Coffee Concentrate:
- Pour coffee grinds into a large bowl or container.
- Add the water and cover.
- Let rest on the counter for 24 hours.
- Line a fine mesh strainer with a coffee filter (see video for example) and then gently pour the coffee and the grinds over the filter. You will need to do this slowly and work in batches. Allow yourself 30-40 minutes to strain out all of the grinds!
- Store you’re coffee concentrate in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Whenever you want to make an iced-coffee drink:
Simply fill up a glass with ice, pour your coffee about half way up and then add your favorite milk or cream.
If you like a milder coffee flavor, you can dilute the concentrate with a little water before adding in your milk.
Dani shows how to make the flavor-rich Coffee Concentrate needed for iced-coffee drinks such as Chocolate Frappacino in the video, below.
If you would like to see more healthy recipe videos that we’ve discovered and enjoyed, then please Like our Facebook Page!
Source: Dani Spies