These delicious protein-packed snack bars are made with crystallized ginger, coconut, vanilla, and almonds to give them an abundance of flavor. These vegan treats are also easy to make (without a food processor) and healthy: no dairy, no egg, no soy and gluten free.
Good for breakfast and perfect for including in a packed lunch.
One variation is to substitute apple cinnamon protein cereal in the place of the corn flakes.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for a 9×9 pan of Kristina’s GINGER VANILLA PROTEIN CRUNCH BARS:
2 tablespoons butter (soy free)
1/4 cup agave or maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut milk (carton)
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
1 cup oats
1 cup corn flakes, pounded to large crumbs
1/2 cup raw almonds, chopped
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup crystallized ginger, chopped
1/4 cup shredded coconut
Here are the 9 easy steps to make these yummy Ginger Vanilla Protein Crunch Bars:
- In saucepan over medium low heat, melt butter, whisk in agave.
- Add milk and protein powder, whisk together until smooth.
- In large bowl, add oats, corn flakes, almonds, sunflower seeds and about 3/4 ginger pieces.
- Pour melted butter mixture over dry ingredients, mix together thoroughly.
- Line a 9×9 baking dish with parchment or foil, spray.
- Transfer mixture into pan; using wet hands, press down in even layer.
- Sprinkle shredded coconut and remaining ginger pieces, press down into bars.
- Bake at 325 for 20 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting.
Source: Kristina Sloggett