Here’s a popular, tasty, easy-to-make recipe for a healthy vegan smoothie that tastes just like real Key Lime Pie. This is a delicious dessert smoothie that uses fresh, whole fruits and almond milk.
Tip: use homemade almond milk to make it even healthier!
The avocado and almond milk help give this smoothie a yummy “pie crust” taste. The the limes and banana add the key lime flavor.
The ingredients you’ll need to make a Key Lime Pie Smoothie are:
- 1 small half-frozen banana, peeled
- 1/4 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 key lime or 1/2 regular lime, peeled and deseeded
- 4 ounces of fresh almond milk
- Vanilla from 1 vanilla bean, or use 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoons maple syrup or 1 medjool date, pitted and soaked for 20 minutes
It is simple to make this Key Lime Pie Smoothie:
Start by adding the liquid to your blender, followed by the soft fruit. Blend on high for 30 seconds or until the smoothie is creamy.
Tip: Blend with “half-frozen” bananas that are partially thawed to improve the key lime pie texture of the smoothie.
Note that this particular smoothie is a rich source of folate, vitamins B5 and B6, copper, magnesium, manganese and potassium.
Source: Tracy Russell