Here are some quick suggestions for Healthy Baked Oatmeal Muffins with a variety of yummy, mouth-watering toppings. You’ll want to try all 3 of these!
To make the oatmeal muffins you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
Then, for the healthy toppings, try these suggestions:
- Cranberries and pistachios
- Blueberries and shredded coconut
- Chocolate chips and almonds
Here are the 7 steps to make the muffins, then add the topping of your choice:
- Grease muffin tin well. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine rolled oats, brown sugar and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combine eggs, applesauce, milk and vanilla and whisk thoroughly.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes.
Source: Sara Lynn Cauchon