Try these mouth-watering Apple Bacon Breakfast Quesadillas to jumpstart your morning, or get that boost of healthy energy any time later in the day. This is a protein-filled breakfast without eggs that features extra sharp cheddar cheese for both flavor and nutrition. Then add the tart Granny Smith apple slices and crisp bacon strips to complete this quick and easy breakfast treat.
Here are the basic ingredients you’ll need for 2 of these tasty Breakfast Quesadillas:
2 large flour tortillas
1 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 medium Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
4 pieces cooked bacon, coarsely chopped
Canola oil spray
Now just follow these easy steps to make these delicious and nutritious Apple Bacon Breakfast Quesadillas:
1. Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
2. Spray the pan with canola oil when hot. Place one tortilla in the bottom of the pan.
3. Quickly layer cheese, apple and bacon on the tortillas.
4. Place the other tortilla on top and then spray the top of that tortilla with canola oil.
5. Cook until toasted, flip quesadilla and cook until toasted on second side.
6. Remove from heat. Allow to cool slightly and then cut into pieces.
If you would like to see more healthy recipes for early morning energy, then please Like our Facebook Page!
Source: Anna Biga Schaber