Try this amazing recipe for Zucchini Bread Muffins to serve for breakfast, lunch or snacks.
These are arguably the best ever zucchini bread muffins:
(1) made with whole wheat and freshly ground oat flour,
(2) without refined sugar,
(3) with loads of zucchini,
(4) with carrots, too,
(5) and sweet, tender apples!
On top of the delicious flavor and healthy ingredients, the texture is delightfully light, fluffy and moist.
It’s an easy recipe, and clean eating with only natural sweeteners. Even the pickiest kids will love it!
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make 16 delicious Zucchini Bread Muffins:
2½ cups shredded zucchini (approx 2 large zucchini)
1 tsp salt
¾ cup shredded apple (approx 1 medium apple)
¾ cup shredded carrot (approx 1 large carrot)
½ cup melted butter
½ cup honey
½ cup maple syrup
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup oat flour
2 cups whole grain flour (wheat, spelt or any combination of the two)
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
3 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
Tips for the ingredients:
– You can change the quantities of carrots and zucchini in this recipe, as long as the combined total is 3 1/4 cups.
– If fresh zucchini is unavailable, you can make these muffins using frozen zucchini. To freeze zucchini in advance to use later in the year: Shred as normal, sprinkle with salt and allow to sit. Wring out excess moisture and store in a freezer bag.
– Consider adding dried cranberries, raisins or coconut flakes to the batter in this recipe for even more flavor and nutrition!
Continue on to the next page to see the detailed preparation instructions …