Kim shares some valuable tips for starting every day off with a healthy, positive attitude and paving the way for achieving the goals that matter the most. They are definitely worth considering and deciding if they are relevant and applicable to your personal situation.
Share your own lifestyle tips in the comments, below!
- Wake up remembering that it’s a fresh start. Don’t let yesterday’s trivial frustrations ruin today before it’s even began.
- Make the first thing that you put into your body something good for you – fruits, vegetables, eggs, nuts. The better you feel when you start your day, the more likely you are to make better choices throughout the rest of it.
- Take a walk, even if it’s just for ten minutes. Give your mind and your body time to breathe.
More valuable lifestyle tips to ponder and adopt:
- If a task can be completed in a minute or less, don’t put it off, just get it done right now. Even if you do this ten times in a day, it totals up to just ten minutes – saving you from unnecessarily adding a bunch of tasks to your never-ending to-do list.
- Be nice to everyone, even if they aren’t nice to you. It’ll prevent you from picking up their negativity and carrying it with you.
- Take a nap if you can, but keep it under thirty minutes. If you’re really, really tired, drink a cup of coffee, tea, or soda before you rest. It takes caffeine about twenty minutes to kick in, so by the time you wake up from your cat nap, you’ll be feeling super refreshed.
- Don’t procrastinate answering emails – just get them over with and do your best to always be working back to an empty inbox.
- Laugh. Nothing makes the body feel better than true, genuine laughter.
Source: Kim Quindlen