Anybody who’s ever enjoyed a latte at Starbucks will really go for these tasty “Cappuccino Muffins” studded with ground espresso and loaded with cinnamon chips. Everybody else will enjoy them, too! Add a crunchy, sugar topping and they’re absolutely mouth-watering.
For the granulated sugar in this recipe, you may want to substitute a healthier combination of maple syrup and honey: just swap out even amounts to replace the sugar. Follow this link to read more about Popular Natural Sugar Substitutes.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make a full dozen of these special Cappuccino Muffin treats for breakfast or a between-meal snack:
2 cups all purpose flour
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons espresso powder
1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup milk
3/4 cup cinnamon chips
Now just follow these easy preparation instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
2. Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with muffin liners.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and espresso powder in a bowl; set aside.
4. In a large bowl, mix the melted butter, egg, sugar and vanilla extract using a whisk. Whisk to combine throughly.
5. Alternate adding the flour mixture and milk, stirring just to combine everything evenly.
6. Stir in cinnamon chips.
7. Divide the muffin batter among the muffin tins.
8. Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until the muffins are lightly browned and cooked all the way through.
9. Remove muffins from oven and let cool on a baking rack.
If you would like to see more healthy recipes for early morning energy, then please Like our Facebook Page!
Source: Kelley Epstein