This recipe for baking healthy homemade bread in a microwave oven is definitely worth trying if you want a healthy alternative to the typical store-bought bread. Most of the effort is mixing and kneading the dough. After that it only takes 5 minutes to “bake” in a microwave oven. Then pop in the toaster and it’s ready to eat!
Ingredients needed to make a healthy loaf of whole-wheat bread (to serve 4) are:
- 450g (3 cups) Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tbs (12g) Dry Active Yeast
- 1 Cup lukewarm Milk
- 1 tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil / Margarine
- Half cup lukewarm Water
Using these ingredients, follow these 12 steps to make a loaf of Healthy Whole-Wheat Bread:
1. Take ½ cup of lukewarm water, dissolve yeast and sugar in it then keep it to foam up and rise for about 10 minutes.
2. In a bowl now mix Whole wheat Flour, Salt, Milk, Oil and the risen Yeast to make very soft dough. (Add water when required).Keep on kneading the dough for about 10 to 20 minutes.
3. Leave the bowl completely covered with a plastic bag for about 2 hours in a warm place.
4. You will see the dough has risen to double now.
5. Knead it again for a while dusting the dough with the extra Wheat Flour if required.
6. Take a plastic container and grease it with a little oil and dust some wheat Flour over it – remove the extra Flour.
7. Place the dough in the container and spread it to the shape of container removing the air from the dough.
8. Seal the container again with a plastic bag and keep it in the refrigerator overnight.
9. Take out the dough from the refrigerator the next day about 5 hours before putting it to bake in the microwave for about 5 minutes on high power.
10 Pierce the bread with a toothpick to check if the bread is ready. (The toothpick will come out dry and clean.)
11. Take out the bread from the container and cool it over a perforated rack.
12. Serve hot baked in a toaster.
Read the helpful tips and watch the video on the next page …