Make these low-calorie, tasty Egg Bites in a muffin pan for a quick breakfast that you can either cook up the night before to reheat, or just cook fresh in the morning. These egg bites muffins are easy to make, amazingly healthy and absolutely delicious!
Eggs are a great source of protein, vitamin B6, B12, D, zinc, and iron.
The red and green peppers in this recipe contain healthy antioxidants, beta-carotene, and vitamin C.
The eggs provide healthy protein.
The baby spinach is packed full of vitamins (C, B1, K, A, E) as well as potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, protein, and much more.
You’ll need the following ingredients for this recipe for 6 muffin-sized Egg Bites:
1 cup baby spinach
1/2 cup mushrooms
1/2 cup red pepper
1/2 cup onion
1/2 cup green pepper
1 clove garlic
2 egg whites
Salt and pepper (to taste)
Modify the ingredients as necessary to suit your taste.
Now follow these 7 easy steps to make these delicious Egg Bites:
1. Start your egg muffins by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F and grease a muffin tin with a low-fat cooking spray.
2. Chop your veggies and set them aside.
3. Crack two eggs into a mixing bowl.
4. Grab another two eggs and crack them, separating the yolk from the egg white.
5. Add only the whites into the mixing bowl. Beat the eggs until well-blended and then mix in your desired vegetables.
6. Once mixed, pour into 6 muffin cups and bake for 15 minutes.
7. The egg bites will appear sturdy when done.
Double or triple the recipe to make enough! Seal up any left-overs to store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
If you would like to see more healthy recipes for early morning energy, then please Like our Facebook Page!
Source: Helen Nichols