Grab a couple of oranges to squeeze and make these delicious Orange Breakfast Muffins in advance for a healthy start in the morning. You’ll discover that they’re amazingly light, tasty and satisfying with the added chopped hazelnuts, extra virgin olive oil and other (vegan) ingredients that combine to make a thoroughly enjoyable breakfast experience with the following nutritional values (per serving):
Calories: 220 (Calories from Fat: 90)
Total Fat: 10g (Saturated Fat: 1.5g)
Total Carbohydrate: 29g
Dietary Fiber: <1g Sugars: 10g
Here is the full list of the recommended ingredients to make 11 delicious muffins:
2 cups of all purpose flour
⅔ cup of brown sugar
a pinch of baking soda
2 tsp of baking powder
1 pinch of salt
½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
1 cup of orange juice
2 Tbsp of orange zest
3 Tbsp of chopped hazelnuts
Now just follow these easy preparation steps:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
2. In a bowl put the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and chopped hazelnuts. Mix it all until well combined.
3. In another recipient put the orange juice together with the extra virgin olive oil.
4. Prepare the muffin molds.
5. Mix the oil and juice with the dry ingredients only the necessary to mix both parts and pour it into the molds.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes or until colored.
7. Buon appetito!
If you would like to see more healthy recipes for early morning energy, then please Like our Facebook Page!
Source: Ana Vasconcellos